We need more contributors to this blog. Maybe you have something to say? The only requirement for this blog is topics need to be related to the goals of HANA as it relates to harness racing. Those goals are:
- Fair and open access to all track signals for all licensed ADWs.
- Optimal Takeout levels - to maximize revenue for tracks, horsemen, and state coffers.
- Penalties for cheating that make the penalty a deterrent to cheating.
- A modern secure tote system fast enough to deliver odds and payoffs in real time.
- An environment where racing decision makers value input from the player and seek it out - because doing that improves racing's long term outlook.
Of course, articles talking about issues related to harness racing, such as talking about upcoming stakes races and handicapping are welcome to. Other issues about harness racing are welcome as well, though this is not a forum for personal attacks. If you are interested in becoming a contributor to this blog, leave a response to this post with your contact information (the post will not be published).
In addition, a new HANA Harness handicapping contest will be coming up shortly. If you want to show people how good you are handicapping, you can let us know by responding to this entry as well (once again, not being posted; leave your contact information). You will be handicapping solely for fun and personal satisfaction as if there is any prize money, it will be donated to standardbred horse rescues. When you respond, if you can let us know a little about yourself handicapping-wise (been in contests before, etc.), let us know. There is a limit to the number of handicappers able to participate.